Sunday, June 10, 2012

We tried it! Stovetop Cleaning with Ammonia


Ever since I signed up for Pinterest, I have been completely addicted.  I have an absurd amount of boards filled with all sorts of goodies.  One of those boards is a cleaning board filled with different creative cleaning methods.  

We've lived in our current apartment around a year and half.  I have to tell you, our stove grates are pretty much disgusting.  I had tried scraping off the gunk, soaked it overnight in soapy water, did the whole dryer sheet thing and nothing worked.  Only pictures can describe.  It looked like this: 


Gross.

So I decided to try this:

 You just place your grates in a large plastic bag with some ammonia.  I bought my ammonia at the dollar store, for you guessed it, $1.  Now the site I followed said to keep the grates in overnight. That wasn't long enough since how nasty my grates were from who knows how many people before us.



 This was what the bag looked like when it sat for 3 days.  You can see one of the other bags in the background.  All the nasty in my sink is what I wiped off with a sponge.  That is the fabulous thing though: the build up just literally wipes right off after the ammonia works its magic.

 

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!


So this DEFINITELY works.


Next blog post I'll show you guys the creative way I'm displaying my necklaces in our bedroom!  Here's a hint....

Check it out!
--Kelsey
Follow Me on Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment