Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tried it: Burning Face Mask

This morning after a weird impromptu work out, I decided to try one of the many face masks I've pinned on my pinterest. With Clark and Jeremy asleep, I took full advantage of some girly time.


The one I choose is called the Burning Face Mask.  (original post can be found here.)


I will admit I was out of nutmeg because I was cheap this baking season and bought pumpkin pie spice instead of nutmeg.... I know.


For shame.

So instead I just used double cinnamon.  My ingredient list:


1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
1ish tsp honey (I think I ended up with almost 2 to get the right consistency)



You can see I wore my glasses as I put on the face mask and look RIDICULOUS.  The things I do for you internet....


I'm not going to lie.  This sh*t BURNS.  I put the mask on at 9:40a and by 9:43a I was debating taking it off.  It does start to fade after about 10 minutes.  So if you can make it that long, I swear it gets better. It's now 20 minutes later and I don't feel it at all.


It also smells delish.  I almost thought about putting the extras on some buttered toast.


But I didn't.  Calm down people.




I doubt you can tell from my lame-o Photo Booth picture, but my skin (while not clear) felt much smoother.  This is NOT an exfoliate so don't rub it in. You will be sorry if you do.


This mask is supposed to help acne scars in the long run.  It's not a miracle one time use mask.  Also, it's very strong.  So if you have sensitive skin, I would skip the lemon juice and think about using this one rarely.  I think I'm going to try adding it once a week to my face routine.  I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment