Thursday, June 21, 2012

Easy Creative Jewelry Display

I've always been the type of person who won't wear jewelry if I don't see it.  This creates a small problem.  How do you have your jewelry in sight but not in sight?
This is organized.  It was way worse...

Originally I had all my necklaces literally hanging from nails on the wall. They were in no particular design or order.  I just wanted to be able to see them so I actually remembered to wear them out and about.

When we decided to start making our apartment (however temporary) feel more like  a home, this was one of the first things to change.  Having my necklaces barren and hanging there was just ugly.  So we came up with an awesome solution.

Hobby Lobby is one of the most amazing stores you'll ever experience.  They have a 40% off any item every week emailed out to you and in addition, many different items will be on sale each week.  The week we happened to be there, it was metal works that were 50% off.  Which was AMAZING.

We bought this (which was originally white) and immediately spray painted it bronze.  The metal decoration itself ended up costing $6 and I already had the spray paint on hand.

"Shiny..." (Name that movie)

After that I hand painted to birds black for some contrast.  I just used regular canvas paint.  Then sealed it with a glossy sealant spray.


Then I hung the cage right over the nails.  Nothing special.  Just simple and much better looking that it was.  We had all sorts of grand plans to add hooks to the cage, etc, but this was just so much easier.  It helps that I'm lazy as well. :)

Finished product! 

What do you guys think?  I find it very convenient.  Now if only I could find a way to put up all my bracelets too...

No comments:

Post a Comment